Thursday, November 18, 2010

T-Shirt of the Week: Front 242 Group Shirt (Wax Trax!)

Allowing for my poor Photoshop cropping, here is one of the early T-Shirts that were offered by the Wax Trax! mail catalogue. Back in the day, Chicago was a mecca for all things industrial and Front 242 were instrumental in bringing that sound to the masses!
Along with label mates, Ministry, KMFDM, RevCo, Laibach, And One, Frontline Assembly, and many, many more, Wax Trax! was a "who's who" of ebm, industrial and darkwave.

Wax Trax! initially offered this shirt and the "Commando" shirt by mail order.
The graphic is quite striking and is one of those iconic 242 images. It can also be seen as one of the prints from "A Selective Retaliation."

This particular shirt has seen better days, but holds a special place in any 242 wardrobe!

Front 242 Group Photo T-Shirt

Detail

Detail

4 comments:

  1. Great t-shirt! I have this one in my collection as well. Totally awesome, and I love the Wax Trax logo on the front as well.
    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has a special place in my 242 collection as well. Nice to see others with a great appreciation for the band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought it at Cabaret Metro 1989 , I loved that t-shirt ! Happy to see it again

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bought it at Cabaret Metro 1989 , I loved that t-shirt ! Happy to see it again

    ReplyDelete