Monday, July 19, 2010

Poster of the Week: Effenaar 1984

This is a beautiful Front 242 poster from a dutch show, from what I can gather, at The Effenaar in Eindhoven. http://www.effenaar.nl/

From what I could deduce, this show occurred September 13, 1984. Of course, if you have better info than I could trace, please feel free to comment/correct or give any first-hand show notes if possible!

The poster itself is a two-color screen, black and orange, on paper. It measures 23.5 X 13.5 inches. The image of Richard is iconic, would make a great wallpaper, and is definitely a poster/print I will have to have framed someday! It is signed, (it has the name of the print shop...see comments below. Thanks!) but I am unfamiliar with the artist. If you have any info, please post!

















4 comments:

  1. It is not an autograph but the name of a printshop. It says "Zeefdrukkerij Guido" in Dutch or something like "Guido's printshop". Pity because I would like to know who created this poster.
    Greetz,
    Controversy242

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice suggestion : it's my wallpaper now ! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gig was Friday 13th, 1985 (not 1984). I have an original issue of the monthly programme, an original poster and I think maybe also a live tape of the gig. Please write back here if you want more info. Mike.

    ReplyDelete