Sunday, July 11, 2010

Poster of the Week: Official Warfare Live 87

Another item from, as Richard would say, "back in the day!"
This is a great poster from the Official Warfare Live 1987 Tour. This one is quite large, measuring 33 X 23.5 inches (83.3 X 59.7 cm), and is in brilliant blue and orange tones. The helicopter artwork is often depicted on the T-shirts from that era, complete with the Russian propaganda. The right side is from the Politics of Pressure/No Shuffle single artwork. I obtained this one on the secondary market, so I would love to hear from any other owners or highlights from that tour!











7 comments:

  1. Was this an American release? I have a poster only depicting the orange part with the artwork from Politics of Pressure. As far as I can tell, it is not cut off. I bought it on a market from a poster collector near Brussels. My poster is pretty damaged though, the seller told me it was used on an original concert of that tour (though I have some doubts about that).

    And I have a big poster on thin paper from part left under as well, but that looks like a reprint (?)

    Unfortunately, I do not have pictures nor a camera, sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottom left part was the original (european?) poster I think. It was sold by Transmission 242, colors were more grey-ish/black/brown and red.

    Got this version on postcards but I think this design is an unofficial one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I might as well have an original poster then...

    I bought it for the designs really, it's one of my favourite era's of the 242 history ;) Judging by a few bootlegs, the 86-87 tours must have been killer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the original one too. It's more green-gray than this one. Soooo nice !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to see pics of the "green-gray" one. Is that the one that at one time was for sale by Transmission 242?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it was originaly sold by Transmission. I got mine from a Brazilian 242 collector that had 2 of this posters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's the "official" poster :
    http://front242.ning.com/photo/posterwelfare-1?context=latest

    ReplyDelete