Thursday, October 28, 2010

Memorabilia of the Week: Tyranny Pin For You

Here we have a seldom seen promotional pin featuring the 'Target' Tyranny Symbol. It may have been given with the Invitation to the Tyranny >For You< Listening party? Perhaps it was sold at the Tyranny shows...that I cannot be certain. Perhaps someone else has more information?

The pin measures almost 1 cm by 1 cm. It is of the "lapel" pin variety and could be worn on the lapel or even as a tie tack! It has the typical stick pin fastener. The 'Target' design is painted white on the silver metal itself.

I have not seen these offered elsewhere, so I consider it "priceless!"
I would welcome any comments if you have more information about this interesting item!

Tyranny For You 'Target Symbol' Pin



Back Detail

Tyranny For You 'Target Symbol' Pin

5 comments:

  1. Wow... an item I have too for once...

    I _think_ I received it as a promo from a magazine I was writing for at the time, but time flies and I cannot be certain any longer.
    That consider it priceless sounds nice. Anyone, feel free to offer me an insane amount of cash and I'll sell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of these from the Transmission 242 Fan Club back in the early nineties. Sadly it fell off my jacket when I went out one night and I never saw it again! I've not seen one of these for years, thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought 1 at ebay two years ago -cost me 15 €. for safety reasons (it´s really small)i put it in a safe place, unfortunately i don´t remember where i put it. argl. afaik this pin was given away with the tyranny for u lp and was limited to a 1000 pcs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievably sweet and very classy.

    I stumbled upon your blog and will spend some time perusing it. So nice to find other Front 242 fans out there.

    ReplyDelete